Emulsifier List
About Us
Contact Us
Your Position : Home > Blog

What is Propylene Glycol USP Grade?


In the world of chemicals, purity and safety are paramount, especially when it comes to substances used in pharmaceuticals, food, and personal care products. One such chemical that embodies these qualities is Propylene Glycol USP grade. This designation signifies a level of quality and adherence to rigorous standards that make it a trusted choice in a range of critical applications.


What is Propylene Glycol USP Grade?

Propylene Glycol USP (United States Pharmacopeia) Grade is a specific and high-quality designation for propylene glycol, a synthetic organic compound. This grade indicates that the propylene glycol meets the stringent purity and quality standards set forth by the USP, which is a legally recognized compendium of drug standards in the United States.

Key Characteristics of Propylene Glycol USP Grade

1. Exceptional Purity: Propylene Glycol USP grade is synonymous with purity. It must contain at least 99.5% pure PG, with the remaining 0.5% comprised primarily of water and trace impurities. This high level of purity ensures that it is suitable for use in applications where product quality is non-negotiable.
2. Recognized Safety: Regulatory bodies, including the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), acknowledge Propylene Glycol USP grade as safe for use in pharmaceuticals, food, and personal care products. This recognition comes after rigorous testing and analysis to ensure that it is free from harmful contaminants.
3. Diverse Applications: The applications of Propylene Glycol USP grade are broad. In the pharmaceutical industry, it plays a crucial role as an excipient, serving as a carrier for active ingredients in medications. In the food and beverage sector, it is utilized as a food additive, often functioning as a humectant (retaining moisture) and a solvent. Additionally, it finds its way into cosmetics and personal care products, contributing to their formulation.
4. Colorless and Odorless: This grade of PG is typically colorless, odorless, and tasteless. Its neutrality in terms of sensory attributes ensures it does not interfere with the appearance or taste of the products in which it is used.
5. Stringent Quality Control: Manufacturers of Propylene Glycol USP grade adhere to rigorous quality control procedures to maintain the product's purity and safety. This involves regular testing and analysis to ensure that it consistently meets the required standards.



Propylene Glycol USP grade represents a pinnacle of purity and safety in the world of chemicals. Its remarkable qualities make it an essential ingredient in applications where uncompromising quality is essential. Whether it's ensuring the effectiveness and safety of pharmaceuticals or enhancing the shelf life and sensory qualities of food and personal care products, Propylene Glycol USP grade is a trusted and indispensable component, ensuring that the highest standards of quality and safety are met.

Chemsino Food Ingredients Company provides amazing Propylene Glycol USP Grade. Our products are famous for their good quality and best prices. Welcome to reach out to us for a free quote.
Start Earning Substantial
Profits in Your Country Today!