Lactic Acid Esters of Mono and Diglycerides Lactem E472b emulsifier
Lactem emulsifier E472b refers to Lactic Acid Esters of Mono and Diglycerides. It is made up of edible vegetable oils and lactic acid and contains small amounts of free glycerol, free glycerides, and free fatty acids. It is a creamy powder with a slightly acidic odor and can be dispersed in water.
E472b emulsifier is a popular emulsifier used in the food industry. It is effective in improving the texture and stability of food products. Its outstanding wetting, emulsifying, foaming, and starch aging properties and excellent aeration properties make it suitable for sauces, creams, bread, cakes, ice creams, and chocolates.
Specific Applications of LACTEM in Food
1. As an emulsifier and stabilizer for food products, Lactic Acid Esters of Monoglycerides are able to contribute to the formation of stable emulsions by lowering the surface tension between fats and water so that they do not separate or deteriorate over time. This is particularly effective in products such as mayonnaise and salad dressings, which require a smooth texture and long shelf life.
2. E472b emulsifier is beneficial in improving the texture of baked goods such as bread, cakes, and cookies. When added to the dough, it enhances dough tenacity and air retention by forming complexes with proteins and starches, increasing the volume and internal texture of delicate baked goods, resulting in a fluffier, more fluffy texture.
3. LACTEM can be used as a whipping agent in whipped cream, pastry, cake, and cream mixtures. In products with a high oil content, it is beneficial for thickening milk and cream, ensuring rich mousse formation and stability. It is also used to improve the consistency and spreadability of margarine and other spreads.
4. LACTEM is also applied to meat products to enhance the water storage properties of sausages and hams and to prevent the separation of oil and water.
5. Lactem is also found in chocolate and confectionery production, where it facilitates the molding of chocolate compounds and enhances their flow.
6. In addition to improving texture and stability, LACTEM improves the flavor of products. When used in small amounts, it can add a hint of creamy flavor to food products, making them more appealing to consumers.
In summary, LACTEM is a versatile food emulsifier with a wide range of functions and benefits.